Last week I shared How We Created the Coolest Bar in Texas. I “interviewed” Sweet Shark and asked him what he considered the essential items needed for properly stocking a bar. So if you’re attending a “Stocking the Bar” Shower anytime soon or just want to know what you should have in your home bar for entertaining, have a seat and join Sweet Shark and me for little bar hop.
20 Essentials to Stock your Bar
- Bourbon ~ such as Jim Bean, Wellers, or Old Charter
- Scotch ~ such as Dewar’s or Cutty Sark
5. Tequila ~ preferrably 100% agave, such as Sauza Blue
6. Rum ~ such as Bacardi or Captain Morgan Silver Spiced Run
7. Tonic Water
8. Soda Water
9. Ginger Ale
10. 7-Up or Sprite
13. Orange Liqueur ~ such as Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Triple Sec
14. Bitters ~ such as Angostura or Peychaud’s
15. Cocktail Shaker
16. Muddler ~ used to mash or bruise fruit or leaves, such as mint
17. Cocktail Spoon ~ for when it’s stirred, not shaken
18. Juicer ~ for juicing lemons and limes
19. Small Paring Knife ~ for slicing lemons and limes for mixing and garnishing
20. Measuring Cup ~ for measuring ingredient amounts; Sweet Shark especially loves his little OXO measuring cup
Sweet Shark and I hope his 20 Essentials to Stock your Bar is helpful. Throw yourself your own stock the bar party!
Don’t forget to come back for the Bluebonnet Blog Hop on Friday, March 11.